Scott Geist’s Credentials:
- Level 2 RRCA Running Coach
- NASM CPT (Certified Personal Trainer)
- NASM CNC (Certified Nutrition Coach)
- Scott Geist writes under the alias Scott Morton (Morton – is his mother’s maiden name. He is keeping Scott Geist for his fiction books)
- Scott has authored more than 20 books with more in the pipeline. You can view Scott’s Amazon’s author page here.
- Scott earned a bachelor’s degree of Science in Management Information Systems from UT Arlington.
Scott has published the following books on running in English and Spanish:
Scott’s published book list:
Beginner to Finisher Series (English):
- Why New Runners Fail: 26 Ultimate Tips You Should Know Before You Start Running! (Book 1)
- 5K Fury: 10 Proven Steps to Get You to the Finish Line in 9 weeks or less! (Book 2)
- 10K Titan: Push Beyond the 5K in 6 Weeks or Less! (Book 3)
- Beginner’s Guide to Half Marathons: A Simple Step-By-Step Solution to Get You to the Finish Line in 12 Weeks! (Book 4)
- Long Run Hacks: 20 Ultimate Tips To Help You Push Through Hard Runs (Book 5)
- How to Avoid a Half Marathon Meltdown: 10 Things You Need to Know to Make Sure Your First Half Marathon Isn’t Your Last! (Book 6)
Supercharge Your Walking Life Series (English):
- 42,000 Steps: 100 Simple Ways to Maximize Your Daily Step Count! (Book 1)
- Supercharged Walking: 20 Simple Methods to Help You Level Up Your Stride! (Book 2)
- Walk-a-thon: The Ultimate Guide to Walking a Half Marathon or Marathon Race! (Book 3)
Beginner to Finisher Series (Spanish):
- Por qué los Nuevos Corredores Fallan: ¡26 Consejos esenciales que debes conocer antes de comenzar a correr! (Principiante a Finalizador nº 1) (Spanish Edition)
- Furia 5K: ¡10 Pasos comprobados que te llevarán a la línea de meta en 9 semanas o menos! (Principiante a Finalizador nº 2) (Spanish Edition)
- Titán 10K: Ve Más Allá de los 5K en 6 Semanas o Menos! (Principiante a Finalizador nº 3) (Spanish Edition)
- Guía de Medio Maratón para Principiantes: ¡Una solución simple de paso a paso para llevarte a la línea de meta en 12 semanas! (Principiante a Finalizador nº 4) (Spanish Edition)
- Trucos Para Carreras Largas: ¡20 Consejos para Ayudarte a Avanzar a Través de Carreras Difíciles! (Spanish Edition)
- Cómo Evitar un Colapso en una Media Maratón: ¡10 Cosas que Debes Saber Para Asegurarte de Que tu Primera Media Maratón no Sea la última! (Principiante a Finalizador nº) (Spanish Edition)
Supercharge Your Walking Life Series (Spanish):
- 42,000 Pasos: ¡100 maneras sencillas de maximizar tu conteo diario de pasos! (Caminar para Super-Cargar la vida nº 1) (Spanish Edition)
- Caminata Súper-cargada: ¡20 métodos sencillos para ayudarte a subir de nivel! (Caminar para Super-Cargar la vida nº 2) (Spanish Edition)
- Caminatlón: ¡La guía definitiva para caminar un medio maratón o una carrera de maratón! (Spanish Edition)
Scott is a blogger and an Amazon Best-Selling author. Scott was not born a runner. While playing indoor soccer in his forties, he discovered that he had more running endurance than other players his age.
While on a trip to Las Vegas he read an article about running a half marathon down the Strip in Las Vegas. He focused his efforts on training to be able to run down the Vegas Strip in November of that year. Due to conflicts with scheduling, he did not run the half marathon in Las Vegas. Instead, he ran an extremely hilly local half marathon and placed 2nd in his age group.
Scott is a licensed youth U.S. Soccer coach. He enjoys being a father and snowboarding in the winter. He has since completed twenty-five 5ks, one 10k, ten half marathons, and one marathon. After completing his first marathon, he realized that running was now his passion and wanted to help other runners. His primary focus is on training runners from the state of a beginner runner to race finisher. His book, Beginner’s Guide to Half Marathons, has become a #1 Amazon Bestseller.When did I know I could finish my first half marathon?
Connect with me:
View while snowboarding down the face of Niseko in Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan 2019 – Mt Yotei is an active stratovolcano less than 100,000 years old
Terms Of Service
LERK Publishing, LLC., is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com